He was born on March, 13, 1953 in Kohtla-Järve, Estonia.
In 1974 he entered году Sculpture department of Art School named after V. A. Serov (now after N. Rerikh), workshop of K.S.Darueva and finished it in 1978.
Since 1985 he is a member of Artists’ Union of Russia.
There are Vladimir Petrovichev’s sculptures in the State Tretyakov Gallery, State Russian Museum, City Museum of Urban Sculpture in St Petersburg, St. Petersburg History Museum, State Museum named after K. A. Timiryazev (Moscow), State Darwin Museum (Moscow). There are also his works in Sochi Art Museum, Tyumen Regional Museum of Fine Arts, Contemporary Art Museum of Sosnovy Bor, and in galleries and private collections in Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Finland, France, the RSA, Canada, the USA, Bulgaria, Estonia, China and others.
“Cat Vasilisa” sculpture was installed on April, 1, 2000 on the cornice of 2, Malaya Sadovaya (St Petersburg) (sculpture – V. Petrovichev, architector – L. Domratcheva).
“Frog Kika” sculpture was installed in may, 2004 in George hall of former Chesmensky Palace, now – St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation.
"Snail” sculpture (September, 26, 2006) and “Small Hippopotamus” sculpture (October, 14, 2005) were installed in Sculpture Garden of The State University, Philological Faculty.
On the cornice of the workshop of hippy artists in 2006 a cat “Tishina Matroskina” settled down. And it moved from Pravdy street to Marata street (St. Petersburg).